As we tailor sessions to client’s specific goals and treatment plans, there is no formula for sessions. However, as a guideline for structure, we normally start sessions with a check-in, followed by active discussion which may include collaborative problem-solving, engaging in worksheets, and/or practicing skills. We may also engage in role plays, mindfulness-based activities, and body-focused exercises, like breath work and grounding. The content is entirely tailored to you!
YES. Virtual therapy is much like traditional or in-person therapy; however, instead of meeting in our office, we meet using our PIPEDA compliant video platform. The session is conducted similarly to an in-person session, but clients often find it more convenient because it eliminates the time constraints associated with meeting in person.
Confidentiality is one of the most important aspects in therapy, as successful therapeutic relationships are built on trust. The dialogue between you and your therapist will not be shared with anyone else without your permission unless you are at risk of hurting yourself or others. **There are a few exceptions to this which will be discussed before you start therapy.
No, Artemis counselling is not covered by OHIP. We are a private clinic and accept payment through e-transfer, or our booking platform. Many insurance plans also cover our services. Contact your provider to determine what is offered. We are registered social workers and psychotherapists.
Our fees are based on a few factors, recommendations from our college Ontario College of Social and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW) and level of additional training and experience. Fees can be discussed during the initial consultation.
- We understand that insurance can be a major consideration for many of our clients. That’s why we strive to make the process as straightforward as possible.
- Like most private practices in Ontario, Artemis Counselling currently does not bill your extended health insurance directly.
- Before your first session, please check with your extended health insurance policy to understand what is covered, and what isn’t. (We are Registered Social Workers with either a Master in Social Work or Bachelor of Social Work)
- In our experience, most of our clients receive back between 60% to 100% of the cost of their sessions, some have a set amount that can be used in a year.
- If you need further assistance, we’re always here for you.
- Payment is due at the end of each session. Artemis Counselling accepts all major credit cards as well as Interac money transfers.
- Submit- After payment is received by Artemis Counselling, a receipt is provided with payment information that you can submit to your insurance.
- Reimbursement- Your insurance carrier will process your claim, just like they would for an optometry or dental claim. Once it is processed you will receive reimbursement for your sessions.